Published on September 25th, 2011 | by Pradeep Farkya79
Rooting Optimus One Stock 2.3.3 V20B Gingerbread Rom – How To
UPDATE: Check this post to know how you can increase the performance and overlock your optimus one CPU.
Update 19/10/2011 : Check this latest entry for Rooting,installing custom recovery and custom rom for optimus one p500.An all In one tutorial for our beloved optimus one.
Many people have updated their optimus one smartphone to official GB.But after installing a new firmware most android users seek an easy how to to root their android device. Well in this How To you are going to learn how to root Official 2.3.3 LG optimus one Before we begin you need to download the following pre-requisites….
- Root.zip - Download this and copy to desktop and extract it there ( Will come to this later)
- Drivers (LG P500) (USB Drivers for our LG P500 Optimus one ) – If you already have drivers installed then skip this step.
- File Manager ( Get Astro File Manager From Market ) – To Backup Contacts,Messages etc…
Thats Its these are the things which you need to download and now lets begin with the tutorial.
- Backup all your data using astro file manager.
- After backup Hard reset your phone.Go to Settings->Privacy->Erase
- After Hard Reset and phone boot up you will have a clean system.Now Go to Settings->Applications->Development->Turn On USB Debugging.
- After this Connect your phone with USB Cables to the PC with USB Debugging ON.
- After this go the extracted folder called root on desktop.Go to ADB Folder and start cmd7.exe if u run win7 or cmdXP.exe (run as administrator in both options) if ur pc runs win XP. (your address bar should like something like this: C:Documents and SettingsYOUR NAME HEREDesktoprootADB
- After starting cmd7 or cmdXP, type following commands
(symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
- After doing this, REBOOT YOUR PHONE
- After reboot, go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
- Select GingerBreak method and press root button. (Dont disturb the phone or disconnect the phone or you are screwed a big time)
- After few seconds your phone will be rooted.
- Now Reboot the phone and update the superuser app from market.
If you followed and completed all the steps then i am sure you won’t have any problem. But in case if you are stuck at any step,then feel free to comment and i will guide you!!