RSS and Marketing Services

Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500 – Overlock CPU

LG optimus one is a budget android smartphone with many features of high-end devices.The official ROM that comes with the device is pretty buggy and has less performance in terms of FPS,Processor speed…etc.With every Custom ROM you can overlock the CPU to 806 MHZ (stable) which is significantly more than 600 MHZ To overcome this or increase the performance of LG optimus one ,its advisable to install a custom ROM.In this post i am covering all the best custom gingerbread based ROM’s with increased performance features.

1. UPDATE : For latest roms,you need to check the updated 2012 ROMS list.Click
  • Mike’s CyanogenMod :The most popular ROM for LG optimus one is cyanogenmod.Cyanogenmod is based on android gingerbread (2.3.7).I am currently using this ROM and experienced a significant difference in terms of gaming performance.I was not able to play assasins creed in original optimus one but with this ROM its running very smoothly.Neocore:57 FPS (with sound).

• Andy’s ROM (phoneix) : Many people call this the BOMB ROM.It uses the CM7 and AOSP sources and its really fast.Many modifications have been done in this ROM. Neocore:65 FPS (with sound).

andy phoenix Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500   Overlock CPU

• Gingercrust Sonygenmod 1.1 : I haven’t tried this ROM,but from user reviews this ROM is appreciable.You can its features here and other search for  benchmarking posts in the thread.Quadrant score:1306
  1. benchmark Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500   Overlock CPUmessage Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500   Overlock CPU

• OpenOptimus ( by ciaox) : This is the most innovative ROM for LG optimus one .Its uses the open script with which you can install various tweaks at ease.See more features here.
oprn optimus Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500   Overlock CPU
PS : The respective ROM developers have put their time and effort in developing the ROM for our beloved LG optimus one.Please register at XDA forums and hit the THANKS button for the ROM developers mentioned in this current post

Update 19/10/2011 : Check this latest entry for Rooting,installing custom recovery and custom rom for optimus one p500

Tags: ,

About the Author

Hello ! I am Pradeep ,the editor in chief at ShrewdGeek.I am a technology enthusiast and blogging on android,gadgets and other technology related stuff is my passion.Connect with me on Google+ .

19 Responses to Custom ROMS For LG Optimus One P500 – Overlock CPU

1. aatish says:

sir i have installed the phoenix rom on my lg optimus one .everything went fine but now my phone is not detecring any network .when i go to the network operator selection it says eror in searching networks what to do? helppp please..

• pradeep says:

Phoenix rom is for old baseband V10E,you need to change your baseband.check this article Make sure you go for V10E baseband.Any further queries just drop another comment. :)

2. raju says:

Mr.Pradeep, pls suggest me know which ROM is best for my stock rom froyo v10E with respect to data network (2G/3G data) and battery performance. i had Gingerbread v20b and later v20c but battery performance was poor and hence downgraded to Froyo v10E using KDZ updater.
    looking forward to ur kind suggestion.

• pradeep says:

Hi raju,
      for froyo v10E,you can go for cyanogenmod 6.5.8 or andy phoenix
      Also,ice cream sandwich rom is available for P500,but its in beta stage.for details check this thread.For this rom you need to switch to new baseband.

PS:have you rooted your device and installed custom recovery?

need some more help,drop off another comment !!

3. Rahul says:

first of al, kudos..gud job author..
    i just flashd slimgen rom , m on new bb.. and it dsnt show any network..
    cud u plz help me
    i want u to suggest a rom 4 me wid no bloatware and high performance and battery bu.
    and also let me wats a gud clock for my processor ,its 600 mhz nw.. and hw can i do it, wat app shud i use.. ? thanx in advance

• pradeep says:

Hey rahul,make sure you have flashed slimgen for new-baseband rom.There are two versions available at XDA,one for old baseband and the other for new baseband.Also,make sure you flash the right kernel !!

Also,if you are on new baseband,then you can try ice cream sandwich CM9(but camera doesn’t work),or you can flash cyanogen mod 7.2 for better performance and battery.check xda p500 development thread.

To overlock you need either stock rom+custom kernel or custom rom.And yes,you need to use SET CPU or NO FRILLS from market.

4. Prashanth says:

Hi,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. I recently rooted my android phone using Ginerbreak on super1click. But don’t know if it includes custom recovery. Could you please give me a link where I can find step by step instructions to do custom recovery and also install CM7 custom rom? Sorry this is the first time I’m rooting a phone. :)

• Prashanth says:

Its an optimus one P500 phone.

• pradeep says:

Hey prasanth,i know its mind-bugging at first time.So no sorry !

So lets straight jump to the main discussion topic,

To insatll custom recovery,you need to download rom manager from market.After that you need to select flash custom recovery and then select LGE optimus one as device (important).Now let the device finish the flashing,make sure your device screen is not turned off

To install CM7,you can check one of fellow bloggers post.The post is a little old (but it works),but now i am too lazy i making an how-to guide for it.I will also suggest you to join xda forums

Report back,if the process was successful !!

• Prashanth says:

Thanks Pradeep. Will try this asap and let you know. :)

• Prashanth says:

By the way which one is the most stable ROM you suggest for P500? Do you think below one is a good option?

I’m mainly concerned about the stability and battery backup. Do suggest me a stable ROM please.

/// Prashant ///

Thanks for the input. I will install the customer recovery and ROM after your suggestion and will let you know the result. :)

• pradeep says:

Yes,that rom CM7.2 is stable.
        Make sure you have right baseband before flashing.

• Prashanth says:

Hi Pradeep,

I installed the above mentioned CM 7.2 ROM successfully. I really love this theme BUT the only problem so far is that I’m not receiving any incoming call notifications after the installation :( I’m able to see the number after the call ends on the call log. The caller also doesn’t hear the ringing sound and it just says that the user is busy!

Any fix on this? OR should I look for another ROM?

• Prashanth says:

Sorry posted too early.

I did a datawipe/factory reset on recovery mode and also fixed the permissions and now getting the incoming calls :)

I must say that after installing this ROM my phone looks has much more stylish look than before. :)

Thanks a ton for all the suggestions Pradeep. Keep up the good work… Is there any particular link where I can follow your posts?

• pradeep says:

welcome i am glad that i was of some help to you,
        you can follow our posts,join us on facebook,twitter or google plus – look at your right sidebar.All links are there.

5. vineeth says:

i currently have an optimus one working in cm7.2 ,which is best rom suitable for me

6. Jayesh Shetty says:

Pradeep please suggest me some custom roms available in market. i have upgraded it to 2.3.3 from the lg application from home and trying to root the phone but its not possible.