Published on October 19th, 2011 | by Pradeep Farkya10
Optimus One Rooting,Installing Custom Recovery,Custom ROM
When i bought optimus one,i felt like its performance is better and comparable to high end devices.I was right in my opinion but i wanted to take the performance which includes battery performance to the next level.So i first thing i did was to ROOT optimus one p500 running on official 2.3.3 Gingerbread.Check this How To for rooting optimus one.After rooting you can install all the root apps from the market.Make sure you install titanium backup(to backup your apps) and superuser(to give root user permissions to apps) from the market.So lets begin installing a custom recovery and custom ROM now.
After rooting i installed a custom ROM,benefits and different type of custom ROMS for LG optimus one P500 can be found here.But before installing a custom you need to install a custom recovery.The benefits of installing a custom recovery are many including an easy way to flash custom ROM zip files and also making an entire backup of your device including ROM+Settings.Follow the below steps and you are ready for installing a custom recovery and custom ROM.
- Make sure you rooted your optimus one following the steps given here.
- Now after rooting LG Optimus One go to market and search for Rom Manager.And install the Free version ( though you can buy the premium version with all the features unlocked,but in begining try with the Free version).
- After installing ROM manager,open the app and select flash custom recovery ( for this step you need to have a working internet connection).
- Now after installing it will say custom recovery has been flashed.Now you can select the option “boot into custom recovery“.After booting into custom recovery you will have several options like factory reset,wipe cache partition,flash zip from sd card.
- For now select reboot system.
- For the best custom ROM for optimus one,check here.Go to the respective download page and get the zip card and copy it to your Sd card.
- Now in boot into custom recovery from ROM manager and select the option flash zip from sd card..Browse your zip file of the ROM that you saved and select.After some time the installation will be done.Now select reboot system.The first reboot for every custom ROM takes time,so don’t panic and pull the battery off if it takes a little extra time for reboot.
- Congratulations you have successfully installed a custom rom.You will surely notice the difference.
- For installing a different kernel on LG Optimus One p500,wipe just dalvik-cache and battery stats.