Published on January 24th, 2012 | by Pradeep Farkya0
Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 the easy way (CWM) – How To
Most android users root their device,to gain that extra power.With rooted android device you can switch to custom roms,delete some unwanted apps or boaltware and also backup your apps+data (by using titanium backup).We previously made an “how-to” on rooting optimus one and galaxy note,now we bring you an “how-to” rooting guide for samsung galaxy S2.
So lets begin with the tutorial,without wasting any time,In this tutorial we are going to explain the simplest method of rooting which involves installing clockwork mod recovery.There is another method available by chainfire.The current guide will also let you install clockworkmod recovery on your galaxy S2.
Update :The download links below are not working as of now.We are finding new links and will update them A.S.A.P.
- First of all,make sure your Galaxy S2 is atleast 50% charged.
- Now download the latest 188.8.131.52 clockworkmod recovery from here.For SGH-I777 (AT&T),download from here.
- Now boot into the download mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
- Press volume UP to accept warning.
- Start ODIN.
- Choose “GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar” as PDA (no repartition).
- Connect your phone and start flashing.
- After reboot,root your device using SuperOneClick.
How to Use Recovery
- Volume down+Home+Power to go into recovery on reboot.
- Volume up – move up
- Volume down – move down
- Home – select
- Power – back
- Don’t use this method to install Clockworkmod recovery,if you have rooted your Galaxy S2 by any other method.Use this method only if you are rooting from stock unrooted rom.