Published on March 17th, 2012 | by Pradeep Farkya88
Update LG Optimus One (P500) to ICS 4.0 using CM9 – How To
ONLY FOR NEW BASEBAND
Update: Instructions and Rom file have been updated.
Hello folks,here’s another how-to tutorial for updating LG optimus one (P500) to ice cream sandwich (ICS) using CyanogenMod 9 (CM9).Before we begin with the tutorial,you need the following pre-requisites :
- Root your device – Follow instructions from here.
- Install custom recovery - Follow instructions from here.
- Get the CM9 rom file for optimus one from here. (thanks to hehappy)
- Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D modelling (yamato)
- Usb Mass storage, Usb debugging
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data
- Data limit, IPv4, IPv6
- Stereo audio, headset
- GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
- Browser, GMail, GPlay
- Youtube LQ/MQ
- FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet, use Spirit FM
That’s all you need beforehand,ok now lets begin with the tutorial :
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Now place the downloaded file on root of your SD card. (if you have downloaded the rom file in mobile,then you can use any file manager to move the file to the root of your SD card).
- Now disconnect your phone from PC.
- Before going any further,make sure your phone is charged to atleast 50%.
- Turn off your phone
- Boot into recovery : press and hold the home+volume down+power button simultaneously.
- Once you are in recovery menu,select Backup/restore and then do a Nand backup.Doing this will backup your entire current rom plus your applications.Use the backup file to restore your current rom and apps,incase if something goes wrong while flashing.
- Alternatively you can backup your applications by using titanium backup (root only version) and also contacts and sms using super contact backup (search in market).
- Now go back to recovery main menu and do a full wipe by selecting the following :
- Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe dalvik-cache
- After doing this go back to the recovery main menu and select install zip from sd card and browse to the rom file which earlier you saved in the root of your sd card.
- Select the file to begin the flash process.Sit back and have some water.
- After the flash process has been completed successfully,go back to recovery main menu and select reboot.
- That’s all !!! After reboot you can enjoy the goodness of ice cream sandwich on Optimus One (P500).
- LG P500 (tested by me)
- LG P500h (Koodo) – Thanks Chad for letting us know.
To Come in the upcoming days :
- NEW VERSION OF HEHAPPY ROM is added
Are you facing any problem with the guide above,if yes then feel free to leave your comment below and ask questions.And if no,then leave your comment to tell everyone about how its like to run Ice cream sandwich on P500.