Published on August 12th, 2012 | by Pradeep Farkya8
Update LG Optimus One (P500) to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 using CM10 – How To
ONLY FOR NEW BASEBAND (V20g)
Hi everyone,i am really happy in bringing out this how-to tutorial on updating LG optimus one (P500) to Jelly bean 4.1.1 isong Cyanogen Mod 10.
CM10 has been ported over to P500 by XDA member Rashed97 . Make sure you have the following pre-requisites,before reading the tutorial further :
- Root your device – Follow instructions from here.
- Install custom recovery - Follow instructions from here.
- Get the CM10 rom file for optimus one from here. (thanks Rashed97) [August 25th 2012,updated]
- All audio
- Full H/W Acceleration
- Native apps
- Most project butter related enhancements
- Airplane mode
What Doesn’t work
- Google now voice
- Screen on/off animation
Ok,that’s all you need to have and know before begining with the tutorial.Let’s begin :
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Now place the downloaded rom file on root of your SD card. (if you have downloaded the rom file in mobile,then you can use any file manager to move the file to the root of your SD card).
- Now disconnect your phone from PC.
- Before going any further,make sure your phone is charged to atleast 50%.
- Turn off your phone
- Boot into recovery : press and hold the home+volume down+power button simultaneously.
- Once you are in recovery menu,select Backup/restore and then do a Nand backup.Doing this will backup your entire current rom plus your applications.Use the backup file to restore your current rom and apps,incase if something goes wrong while flashing.
- Alternatively you can backup your applications by using titanium backup (root only version) and also contacts and sms using super contact backup (search in market).
- Now go back to recovery main menu and do a full wipe by selecting the following :
- Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe dalvik-cache
- After doing this go back to the recovery main menu and select install zip from sd card and browse to the rom file which earlier you saved in the root of your sd card.
- Select the file to begin the flash process.Sit back and have some water.
- After the flash process has been completed successfully,go back to recovery main menu and select reboot.
- That’s all !!! After reboot you can enjoy the goodness of Jelly bean on Optimus One (P500).