Published on August 13th, 2012 | by Pradeep Farkya
How to make the titles and metas work in WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast
Wordpress SEO plugin by yoast is one of the best SEO plugins out there besides All In One SEO,Ultimate SEO and others.We have been using WordPress Yoast SEO plugin on our blog and getting amazing SEO results.
I have seen many people complain in wordpress.org forum that the site and post tiles don’t work with Yoast SEO plugin,well the problem is not with the plugin but the problem lies in your theme and to your surprise the problem is easy to fix as well.
There are two ways to overcome this problem :
- Using the plugin in-built option : Go to SEO -> Titles & Metas and check the box which says “Force rewrite titles”,then click save.If this doesn’t fix your problem check the alternative method below to fix the titles with Yoast SEO.
- Edit your theme file : This method can be a bit tricky as it requires editing of your wordpress theme files.
- Open your wordpress theme header.php file using filezilla or inbuilt wordpress theme editor.
- Next Search for the line similar to :
<title><?php bloginfo('name') ;?> | <?php bloginfo('description');?></title>
- and replace this with :
<title><?php wp_title(''); ?></title>
- Next make sure that there is no description or title meta nearby where you previously replaced like “<meta name=”description” content=”<?php bloginfo(‘description’);?>”>” .Just delete such lines of present.
Doing any of the above two methods should solve your problem of titles and metas with wordpress yoast seo plugin.
If you need more help regarding editing of theme file,then let us know by leaving your comment below and we will assist you in editing your theme file to make the fix for titles and metas work.