Published on September 16th, 2012 | by Pradeep Farkya
Remove Ads “ads not by this site” spam – Easy Fix
Remove “ads not by this site” ads : Internet is full of information and people nowadays are using internet to find even the tiny information they are looking for.With advent of internet came into existence many advertising networks like adsense,contextweb,infolinks,skimlinks and many others.Webmasters usually use this advertising networks as source of income to run their online business.These advertising networks are at times not obtrusive as they deliver ads based on your interests.
With that said internet is also associated with “SPAM”,many people try to use internet with wrong intentions like “Just to earn Money” “Working less – Easy Money”.To achieve this intentions people try to forcefully or intentionally inject viruses,malwares,trojans and even google chrome or firefox extensions in other computers.Firefox and google chrome extensions are useful but they can be harmful as well.
If you are seeing ads with tags like “ads not by this site” or on facebook as “ads not by facebook”,then you are one of the victims of such people.Such ads are not because of virus in your PC but “ads not by this site” ads appear because of spammy programs,extensions or registries. In such case you will even have ads having the tag “ads not by this site” while using facebook,twitter or even wikipedia.
I myself got a little annoyed with twitter and wikipedia displaying such ads which are not at all related to what i was browsing through.But,then i found a solution to fix this problem,which i am sharing below.
- Seeing ads with tag “ads not by this site”,keep following….
- This is mainly due to “Vid Saver” registry or even “Vid Saver” chrome or firefox extension,in my case it was google chrome extension.Otherwise this spam can be injected by any other extensions as well.
- If you see a “Vid Saver” extension in your browser extension list,then delete it right away.If not,then you can disable all the extensions and try to activate each extension one by one to see if the ads with “ads not by this site” disappear.
Using Software to block ads with tag “ads not by this site” :
- Other solution is to carefully fix registry by using “Revo Installer”.Its a free software which you can grab from here.The software works in a similar way to Windows “Install or uninstall program” feature which you usually access in control panel.The only benefit of using this software is that you can see the registries or programs which display ads with tag “ads not by this site” as well.
- If you find a registry or program as Vid-Saver then uninstall it.
The other common registries or programs which usually display the ads with tag “ads not by this site” are given below :
- Vid-Saver (you already know about this)
- Adobe Flash Player 11 activeX extension
- CodecC 1.0
- Yontoo Extension (spam ads)